Okay, here it is. The plan…
I’m driving the bus. And I’m going to be driving it slowly.
I will read one page a day, starting on page 219 on June 16th. And after I read that page, I will one-tweet a summary.
After that summary, I will–as the mood strikes–tweet a commentary. You will be encouraged…even begged…to respond, retweet, hashtag, whatever.
And eventually, whenever I finish a chapter, I will post a formal blog entry collecting all my whimsy and wisdom. And hopefully, some of yours.
The collaboration we had in the beginning was beautiful, unwieldy, and really fast. I can no longer maintain that level of management, detail or pace given my current busy-ness. (I don’t mean to show off.)
Nonetheless, this has several benefits for you:
- You will have ample time to catch up and keep up.
- I (and perhaps you) will be able to read other things.
- We’ll keep Ulysses at a distance..I like to get absorbed in a book as much as the next shallow escapist, but getting absorbed in Ulysses can make you a little nuts.
- We can all get better at the social networking thing.
- No more tag team wrestling pics.
- Just solo ones.
Unfortunately, at this rate, it means it’ll take almost another year and half to finish this thing. I may pick up the pace as we get further along (especially in “Circe”).
All this will be maintained via the Wandering Rocks Twitter, which can be accessed one of two ways:
- Via Twitter, at http://twitter.com/wanderingrox
- Or, for those of you who strangely refuse to use Twitter, you may also play on Facebook by following Jerry Grit, or by following the Wandering Rocks Fan Page Twitter feed, at http://tinyurl.com/2a6oc86
What ever way you choose to follow, please do. What you may learn about Ulysses may be minimal, but the entertainment in witnessing my slow unraveling in this longrunning procrastinated personal obsession will be maximal.
Filed under: Uncategorized |